THE Pirateer Thread

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
Graibeere

THE Pirateer Thread

Post by Graibeere »

This thread is for instructional posts on rigging your Pirateer. Please don't post questions. Use the conversation thread.

Post in this thread if you have information, instructions or solutions that apply to the Pirateer or additional info on other's tips
Last edited by Graibeere on Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graibeere

Re: THE Pirateer Thread

Post by Graibeere »

The outhaul

When I got my Pirateer it was missing a few parts, so I've had to improvise. The documenation on rigging the outhaul is very difficult to understand and the pictures, at least in my copy of the manual or pretty much useless.

It seems that they instruct us to use a D shackle to secure the clew to the nylon slide on the boom. I didn't have one so I just tied it down with a line.

It wasn't clear how to run the outhaul through the end of the boom so here are a few options:
1) Tie bowline to clew, feed through hole in boom to the jam cleat
none-none-outhaul.jpg
2) I got a small spring hook to make rigging faster:
hook-none-outhaul.jpg
3) If you have a small block you can attach that to the boom
hook-block-outhaul.jpg
Graibeere

Post by Graibeere »

I happened to have a twist shackle so I used that instead of the block (which I'll save for some other use)
This is my solution:
hook-twist-outhaul.jpg
Here's an alternate view:
hook-twist-outhaul2.jpg
Graibeere

Post by Graibeere »

Mainsheet

My pirateer didn't come with a cam cleat on the boom block.

This is what the rigging looks like:
as_is_mainsheet.jpg
Tie the mainsheet off at the becket of the aft boom block w/ becket, down through the traveller block, back up to the aft boom block then to the fore boom block, tie off the end with a bowline loop.

Boom block, no cam cleat
as_is_boomblock.jpg