Pirateer Spinnaker information

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
MrFox

Pirateer Spinnaker information

Post by MrFox »

Hey all,
Recent Pirateer owner, stoked to be back on the water. Grew up with sailboats but have been living in the desert the past decade, and getting back into sailing. I read that Pirateers had a spinnaker option, but I haven't seen much information on a chute. Does anyone know anything about these factory spinnaker Pirateers? Height of spinnaker pole ring on the mast, height of the halyard, locations of the blocks on the deck, general size of the chute? Also does the addition of a spinnaker necessitate a backstay or additional standing rigging? I don't want to snap the mast, I wasn't sure if the spinnaker version has the same mast/standing rigging, or if they added additional reinforcements somehow? I don't NEED the option to fly chute, but it seemed like it would be fun to have the option.

Also, any known issues with the Pirateer, or preventative maintenance / upgrades to be aware of?

Thanks!
MrFox

Re: Pirateer Spinnaker information

Post by MrFox »

While I'm working through the boat, can anyone shoot me a picture of the brackets for the hiking straps? Shouldn't be too hard to add, just curious where the standard mounts were, and approx what they looked like.