Inspection cover and drain plug

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
jodyfinne

Inspection cover and drain plug

Post by jodyfinne »

I bought a Ronstan screw in drain plug for my Chrysler Pirateer. It fit at 15/16" but I had to use plyers and remove the retainer to make it work.

I have since ordered the RWO drain plug 7/8" for $4.06 from Annapolis Performance Sailing. Somehow I remember this being like the original one. I let you know if it works or not.

https://www.apsltd.com/c-6560-drain-plugs.aspx

Question: Has anyone replaced the rubber flexible inspection cover on the Pirateer? Mine is over 30 years old and showing its age. Someone suggested installing a circular inspection hatch. But they have holes for drilling and inserting hardware. I don't want to drill holes in my transom if I can help it.
Jody Finne
13' Chrysler Pirateer
DGA

Post by DGA »

I know, old post but somebody needs to get this board moving for the smaller boats. My inspection port is missing too, Pirateer, anyone know of a replacement?
jodyfinne

Post by jodyfinne »

Inland Sailing suggested I replace the Chrysler OEM black cover with an inspection port cover. I will post a picture after it's installed. Won't be until I return from vacation.
Jody Finne
13' Chrysler Pirateer
DGA

Post by DGA »

I replaced my inspection hatch today with a PVC screw in type. It has a base ring and the cover has an O ring, very nice. I had to open the hole up 1/2" and drill and rivet the ring in but I think it's nicer than the original rubber one.