New C22 Owner (Trailer Question)

Post All Trailering Topics Here
Capt. Ray

New C22 Owner (Trailer Question)

Post by Capt. Ray »

I brought her home a few weeks ago.
I am new to Sailing. I have not Sailed her Yet. But I have made a Mast raising system one person can handle , sealed a leak where water was coming in the aft compartment when I would put her in the water, made some guides to center the boat when putting her on the trailer and checked out the outboard around the lake :) .

I do have a Question. When trailering should you let some of the psi off the keel onto the trailer? Maybe add a roller? I have been running mine with the keel all the way up during transport. (factory trailer)

This all started with a 12' Snark this spring. I had no idea the enjoyment there is in this hobby.

This is a great forum. It led me to the C22. I have read so much good info on the C22 and 26. Thank You.
Ray
Mario G

Re: New C22 Owner (Trailer Question)

Post by Mario G »

I do have a Question. When trailering should you let some of the psi off the keel onto the trailer? Maybe add a roller? I have been running mine with the keel all the way up during transport. (factory trailer)

Ray[/quote

Yes it not only will make it more stable but take pressure off the hull.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard Capt Ray ! Letting the weight of the keel rest on the trailer also will take the strain off your winch and cable..
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Ditto you want the keel on the trailer you do not want the weight bouncing on the hull and winch and cable.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/