C22 Roller Furling?

Post All Rigging Topics Here
T.Bird

C22 Roller Furling?

Post by T.Bird »

Hello!

My sailing partner and I are starting to seriously consider adding a roller furling headsail to our C22. I am here to do some initial fact-finding. Does anyone out there have a roller furler on their 22 that would be willing to share anything we might need to know to make it happen. Also, we trailer the boat all over the place and count on it being easy to rig and de-rig. A quick release on our forestay is a big help with that. Is that a luxury we would have to forgo with the addition of a roller furler?

Thanks!
Tom
C22

Be humble for you are made of earth.
Be noble for you are made of stars.
Elfkin0Doom

Re: C22 Roller Furling?

Post by Elfkin0Doom »

Hello and I hope you are still interested in your question. I have recently purchased a c22 with this modification. I am actually trying to get a grasp on how to rig the boat and was wondering if you could give me some advice about how yours is. I purchased the boat from a third party website that didn't provide me with any details about it. I have raised the mast and am currently motoring my sailing vessel in the Michigan area and would love some advice. If you or anyone else has any information on rigging a c22 with a furler attached please let me know
Elaynag86 @gmail
Calayr

Re: C22 Roller Furling?

Post by Calayr »

I have a C 22 with a roller furler. It is a fantastic feature, makes the head sail very easy to set and reef. As far as stepping the mast, the process is the same per the stepping guide. I use the jib halyard and the main sheet block assembly to raise and lower. The for stay and furler system is kept off to the side during the step. When the mast is up pin the for stay/furler on the forward attach hole. Stepping instruction are posted on this forum.
Chuck